With an existing product that users found confusing to use and lacking in utility, how do we help Marketer’s easily define or discover a customer segment to message to?
- How can we ensure a Marketer is getting what they think they are asking for?
- How can we encourage exploration?
While primarily targeted towards the “query-savvy,” we should attempt to provide support for the channel marketer.
Audiences are not for just making lists to send to:
- Used to discover niche segments (opportunities)
- Batch updates (mass changes) are applied to them
- Used to create lists for suppression
- Identify customers to remove from database for improved deliverability
Make the complicated, simple:
- 96 query criteria to organize and present
- Criteria nesting
- Boolean logic support (ANDs & ORs)
- NOT logic support
B/c frequency of use is so high (multiple times a day) there is an opportunity to prevent calls to support (the most common escalation point when they needed help).
Project scope is limited to the query-builder itself:
- Workflow changes must be managed within the Audience Builder (for now)
- Organizational structure of audience will need to be maintained (not hub & spoke)
- Split page layout (left: list of filters, right:audience).
- Filter glossary to help out new users (responsively displayed based on screen width)
- Drag & drop grouping of filters (nesting) up to 4 levels deep using a commonly understood mobile pattern.
- Display a reach count, so users receive immediate feedback on what filters (or groups of them are doing to their audience).
- Convert filter form-based input into “human-friendly” statements.